Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 17 - Cottonwood Glen Park

Date: 4/16/2012
Location:  Cottonwood Glen Park
Time:  6:30- 8:00pm
Weather:  70 Degrees and no wind

I gave Cottonwood Glen Park another try today and it was a lot of fun.  I had the pond to myself and there was a feeding frenzy going on with all the stunted/small bluegills rising to the surface constantly.  I caught over 50 bluegill on a White gurgler/Black BBS rig, with most of the fish biting on the BBS.  The flies barely had time to hit the water before a small bluegill inhaled it.  All of the bluegill were under 6."  I also so some larger bass rising and several large carp and some big goldfish/koi.  I did manage to catch one nice bass as well.  I didn't measure him, but he looked to be about 16" when compared to my fishing rod.  That makes it the biggest bass of the year so far, and I think also my biggest fish from the local ponds yet.  The bass also hit the black BBS.

Bass from Cottonwood Glen:

No comments:

Post a Comment