Thursday, June 21, 2012

Far From Home - Texas Trip!

Date: 6/7/2012-6/9/2012
Location:  Eagle Mountain Reservoir
Weather:  Sunny, 80-95 degrees during the day.  Rainstorm just before we arrived.

Thea, Dad, Uncle Mike, Lendle, Jon, Jami, and I all fished for 3 great days at and around Uncle Mike's boat dock on Eagle Mountain Reservoir.  We caught a ton of Crappie, Bluegill, Catfish, Largemouth Bass, and Sand Bass over the course of the vacation and punctuated the trip with an awesome fish fry, courtesy of Uncle Mike.  We all had a great trip, with several big angling firsts as Thea caught her first catfish and I seined for minnows and fished with jug lines for the first time.  Live minnows and worms were the most productive baits for the trip, but Thea also had a lot of luck using a clear gummy minnow type jig, including her new personal best bass.   The most productive fly was a pink BBS fished about 1ft deep, and it worked even better tipped with worm. 

In the excitement of fishing in a new place, I forgot to take as many fish photos or document details of fishing as much as I usually do, so there aren't as many photos as I'd like.

Dad and Uncle Mike on the boat:

Thea with her first Catfish:

Thea with a nice Largemouth:

Seining for minnows:

Uncle Mike working on the fish fry:

Great looking fillets:


1 comment:

  1. We will just have to get that new camera soon so we can take tons of pictures! Great post!

    ReplyDelete