Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 9 - Troutman Park

Date: 3/23/2012
Location:  Troutman Park Ponds
 Time:  5:00- 7:30pm
Weather:  70 Degrees and no wind

Thea and I had the first really great fishing day at Troutman park.  I started fishing the large pond with a Clouser Minnow and a Black BBS, hopoing for a bass or big bluegill.  I fished this for about an hour but only managed to catch one fish, an 8" bluegill  that hit the Clouser @ coordinate U13.  Thea fished the Southwest side of the large pond all the way around to the inlet and picked up three or four small bluegill on a normal Pheasant Tail.

8" Bluegill on a size 8 grey/white Clouser:

At about 6:30 we made our way to the small pond, and as the sun started to go down, surface activity really started picking up.  We both switched over to foam spiders with pheasant tail droppers.  Thea used a yellow foam spider and I used black.  Most fish hit the pheasant tail dropper, but we both caught 3-4 fish on the surface as well.  From 6:30 until 7:30, Thea caught about 15 bluegill ranging from 4-8" on the south side of the small pond.  I caught about 10 bluegill in the J12-K12 area and also caught a nice 11" Crappie at K12.

11" Crappie caught on Size 14 black foam spider

No comments:

Post a Comment