Date: 5/8/2012
Location: Troutman Park
Time: 5:30pm - 7:00 pm
Weather: 75 Degrees, No wind, sunny, Day after a major cold front/rain storm
A hefty rainstorm moved through and filled the ponds up pretty well. It was sunny again today and I wanted to go out and take advantage of the extra water to cast some bigger lures over the bedded bass. Unfortunately the extra water and sun brought out the crowds as well. The big pond was lined shoulder to shoulder with people, so Thea and I fished the small pond for bluegill. The action was a lot slower than normal and we each only caught 3-4 fish, mostly small but one a shade over 8." The cold water inflow must have slowed them down a bit. We probably should have fished during the rainstorm instead, but we were busy.
I also noticed a nice carp, which is the first time I've seen one in the small pond. I'm not sure if I'd just not noticed it before or if it managed to swim up while the connector creek was running. Either way, I casted a weightless white wooly bugger to him a few times, but he wasn't having it.
Half way to 50 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment