Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 21 - Troutman Park


Date: 4/28/2012
Location: Troutman Park
Time: 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Weather:  60  Degrees, no wind, overcast

Thea and I targeted carp and bass today at Troutman park.  No luck on the carp bite with spinning rods fishing with chunks of bread on the bottom.  The carp seemed to be cruising higher in the water column or thrashing around in the shallows, maybe spawning?   I caught a decent bass on a white bunny streamer, and it looked like the bass had just eaten a golden shiner, because it still had the tail sticking out of it's mouth.   Thea also caught several bass on a purple prince nymph fished 1 foot under a gurgler.   I switched to a small crawfish patter trying to catch cruising carp, but ended up catching several more small bass.  We didn't catch any of the targeted carp, but the bass fishing was good!

A fat little bass:


The reason for that fat belly:

Thea with her delicious bass:

No comments:

Post a Comment